P.S. 10, Fort Hill Collaborative, is a personalized educational community with a focus on Mathematics and Science. We prepare our students to persevere as 21st Century Global Citizens through collaborative learning experiences which include discussions, critical thinking, and multiple approaches to problem solving. Our core values of respect, responsibility and collaboration allow our students to serve as productive influential leaders in their community.
"Our Core Values"
We take care of ourselves, each other and the school environment.
We take initiative and own our choices, actions, attitudes and academic success.
We work together to learn and create better solutions.
Please look at the "Parent Resources" tab located above for more information.
Remote learning will begin for all students on September 16, 17 and 18. In person learning for those that selected Blended Learning will begin on September 21, 2020 with Group A.
With these new modifications, groups have been re adjusted. Please disregard the previous communication on which groups your child has been placed in. You will be receiving a new notification shortly.
As a reminder if you have selected remote only you will have to wait until the second semester to switch back to blended learning or choose to continue with remote only.
Please know that we are putting health and safety of all of the Fort Hill Community first with all the plans that are being made.
The blended learning schedule we have selected is as follows:
Two in-person groups (A and B), one remote (Group D)
Group A: Tuesdays & Wednesdays
Group B: Thursdays & Fridays
Mondays will rotate from Group A to Group B for example:
Sept. 14 Group A will attend
Sept. 21 Group B will attend
Sept. 28 Group A will attend
Group D: Remote Only 5 days a week (families opted in)
1. Fort Hill (P.S. 10) will follow the schedule 1B as outlined by the Chancellor's office. This schedule is a Blended Learning Model. Students will be assigned a group (Group A or Group B). Siblings will be assigned the same Group. Group A will always attend school in the building on Tuesday's and Wednesday's. Group B will always attend school on Thursday's and Friday's. The schedule will rotate on Monday's between either Group A or Group B. We will provide you that schedule once it is finalized and your child is assigned a Group. Therefore, if physical school does begin in September 10th, a Thursday, then Group B would be the one entering only on that day. On the days that students are not physically in the building they will be responsible for remote learning, on the Google Platform. Group sizes will range from 9-10 students in a Group.
Group D will be students whose parents/guardians have submitted a request via DOE survey for full 5 day remote only instruction. These students will not physically enter school building.
2. The student day has been reduced from 6 hours and 20 minutes (a typical day 8:20 - 2:40) to 5 hours and 30 minutes. We are working closely to finalize a start time. Students will be eating breakfast and lunch in the classroom. The cafeteria will not be used for either breakfast or lunch when we return until further notice. Hence, there will be no early breakfast arrival. All students will eat once in classroom upon arrival.
3. All students, staff and visitors will be required to wear a mask while in the building with the exception of breakfast and lunch. Anyone without a mask will not be permitted in the school building. Please continue to have the discussions with your child about the importance of this and the idea that trading masks, playing with masks off the face or refusing to wear the mask is not allowed.
4. Temperatures will be taken daily. A structure for how this will be done on arrival is being worked on now. Students, visitors or staff that have a temperature deemed to be a fever will not be permitted to remain or enter the school building. Please ensure that if your child is not feeling well on the scheduled day to be in school, that they stay home.
5. Classrooms will be arranged so that the students will have the appropriate required social distance while eating and engaging in activities. This will be extremely different from what they are use to in the past school years, as it is different for us as adults as well. However, our Fort Hill Family is strong and we persevere through any challenge.
6. There has been guidance from the Chancellor in terms of what to do if there is a positive COVID case in the school. If there is a positive case confirmed (meaning took COVID test and was positive) the classroom of the positive case will be quarantined for 14 days.
Technology Request: The NYC DOE district offices will be providing families in need with a technology device. In order for you to receive from the NYC DOE you will need to call 718-935-5100 and choose option 5 to request for a device.